A caramel flavored kiss on a cool Valentine’s Day is the inspiration behind today’s cocktail. Grab your honey, give the shaker a shake, and see how the night unfolds!
1) Rim a martini glass with salted caramel sauce (*see recipe below). Roll the edge slowly over the plated sauce and set aside.
2) In a shaker half filled with ice add:
• 1.5 oz. vodka
• 1 oz. chocolate liqueur
• 2 oz. chilled espresso (I used Espresso Joe)
3) Shake your shaker and strain the cocktail into your caramel rimmed martini glass.
4) Take a granny smith apple slice and cover one edge in the caramel sauce. Place it in your cocktail, caramel side down, and secure with a cocktail toothpick.
Easy caramel sauce*
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup half and half
• 2 tbsp. butter
• bit of salt
• 1.5 tsp. vanilla extract
1) Mix all ingredients except the vanilla in a small saucepan and cook over low flame, whisking constantly.
2) When the sauce begins to thicken add vanilla and continue whisking.
3) Once the desired gooeyness is obtained, (I like mine maple syrupy), set the sauce aside and let cool — about 10 minutes should be good.
4) Refrigerate the final product.