“Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the Earth seeking the successive autumns.”
I embrace everything about the autumn — crisp falling leaves, tart apples coated in caramel sauce, and cinnamon-dusted treats. I have combined my favorite autumn tastes into a beautiful fall-flavored latte. Best of all it is as easy to prepare as it is delicious. Enjoy!
• 1 cup of strong coffee or 2 ounces (doppio) espresso
• 6 ounces milk
• Caramel syrup — click here for the recipe
• 2 tablespoons cinnamon apple syrup — recipe at the bottom of this entry
1) In a small saucepan add 6 ounces of milk, 2 tablespoons of cinnamon apple syrup (recipe below), and one swirl of caramel syrup. Heat on a low flame while stirring, until it just begins to bubble on the sides of the pan.
2) Prepare 2 ounces of espresso or one cup of strong coffee. Pour into a pre-heated cup and add the milk mixture. Stir thoroughly with a cinnamon stick.
3) Spoon whipped cream on top of your latte. Swirl caramel sauce over the cream and coat with a dusting of cinnamon sugar.
Cinnamon apple syrup
Core, peel, and pit 2 apples. Combine the apples, 3 cinnamon sticks, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Let the contents come to a boil and continue to heat on a high flame for 5 minutes. Reduce the flame to low and allow the syrup to simmer for an additional 10 – 15 minutes (until the syrup has thickened). Allow the syrup to cool slightly and strain. If you are not using all your syrup, refrigerate the remainder in an airtight container.