“Strawberries always fill my heart with joy.”
Strawberries and cream and coffee? The answer is most definitely yes!!! The combination of strawberries, ice cream, and coffee may seem unexpected, but the result is an explosion of flavor! It’s sweet and velvety with a burst of berry freshness. What’s more, adding dark chocolate to the mix enhances both the tanginess of the berries and the richness of the coffee. One sip of this strawberry treat will make your taste buds sing!
• 8 ounces of strawberries — sliced into small pieces
• 2 tablespoons of sugar
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup of milk
• 1/2 cup of chilled coffee — Chocolate covered strawberry coffee is a perfect choice for this milkshake!
• 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate sauce
• 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
• 2 ounces of vodka (*optional if you want a boozy kick)
1) Cut 6 ounces of strawberries into small pieces and combine thoroughly with the vanilla and the sugar. Place in the freezer in a sealed dish for a minimum of 1 hour.
2) Combine the milk, coffee, the fresh, and the frozen strawberries into your blender and liquefy. If adding alcohol, do so now.
3) Add chocolate sauce and ice cream. Blend until smooth and well combined.
4) Line the bottom of your milkshake glass with thinly sliced strawberry pieces.
5) Pour your milkshake into the glass and garnish as you like. Whipped cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate flakes, and/or fresh strawberries are all great choices!
For more strawberry and coffee deliciousness check out this recipe: strawberry coffee surprise
With inspiration from https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/fresh-strawberry-milkshakes-3644067#reviewsTop