Sometimes referred to as Puerto Rican Eggnog, the Coquito is a holiday favorite savored by people of all cultures. This recipe offers a twist on the classic with the inclusion of coffee. Adding coffee, coconut, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the sugar cane based spiced rum results in a holiday ready treat designed to invigorate and excite every palate. Enjoy, but be careful it packs a surprising punch!
- 1/2 cup chilled brewed coffee
- 1 & 1/2 cup spiced rum – you can reduce this by 1/2 a cup if you prefer a less potent drink
- 14 ounces cream of coconut
- 13 ounces coconut milk
- 14 ounces of condensed milk
- 4 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each of ground nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
1.) Mix all ingredients (except the cinnamon sticks) in a blender at high speed and refrigerate in an airtight container for at least one hour.
2.) Serve chilled in your favorite glass, garnished with a cinnamon stick.
3.) Enjoy this luscious treat on your own or share with family and friends. This recipe makes 6 cups.