Ginger is a fantastic flavor boost for coffee. Widely recognized for its health benefits, especially as it pertains to stomach issues¹, ginger also adds a wonderfully sweet and earthy flavor to your cup. Today I have combined ginger with two other health-boosting ingredients — honey and cinnamon. The result is a palate-pleasing, immune-boosting, and decidedly healthy twist on your favorite morning libation. Enjoy!
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (an approximate 1-inch slice)
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 ounces (doppio) espresso
• 1 teaspoon organic honey
1) Take your fresh ginger and cut off approximately 1 tablespoon. You can slice it (about 1 inch thick) or use a peeler.
2) Steep the ginger and cinnamon in your milk for 10 minutes on a low flame. Stir the mixture frequently, not allowing it to come to a boil.
3) Add honey to the mixture and increase the heat slightly. Simmer for approximately 2 more minutes — just until bubbles start to form on the side of your pan.
4) Strain your mixture and pour it back into your saucepan.
5) Add the espresso to your pan and stir. Simmer briefly.
6) Froth the mixture, using a whisk or the method of your choice until it is foamy and creamy.
7) Pour into a preheated mug, garnish with a cinnamon stick, and serve immediately.
For more tips on upping the health benefits of your coffee please check out our wellness series of posts.
Leave a Reply