Looking for the perfect Valentine’s day latte? Combining coffee with cocoa powder, sweet dark chocolate milk, deliciously decadent chocolate whipped cream, and rich, luscious chocolate shavings is the perfect way to satisfy your sweeties sweet tooth and coffee craving at the same time. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of strong coffee — Belgian Chocolate coffee is an excellent choice if you want to up the chocolate flavor of your latte
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate milk (combine 6 ounces of milk with 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of dark chocolate cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar.)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Chocolate whipped cream (combine 2 cups heavy cream with 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.)
- Garnish of choice (cocoa powder, chocolate shavings or chocolate sauce)
1.) Combine cocoa powder and sugar in the bottom of your pre-heated cup. Add hot coffee until your mug is about 60% full. Stir.
2.) Mix the dark chocolate milk and heat on the stove top until warm. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
3.) Remove the heated milk from the stove and froth using your method of choice. I used an immersion blender directly in the saucepan.
4.) Pour the milk into your cup until it is about 90% full.
5.) Add chocolate whipped cream to the latte.
6.) Top with chocolate shavings, or the garnish of your choice, and enjoy!