Iced coffee season is here! Why not add a kick and some spice to that traditional version? This iced drink is easy to make and delicious. Opt for an alcoholic boost, or go without. Either way, you cannot go wrong with this scrumptious iced Mexican coffee! Enjoy!
• 1 Cup freshly brewed and chilled dark roast coffee
• 3/4 Ounce Kahlua
• 1/4 Ounce tequila *optional
• 1 Large glass 1/2 way filled with ice 1
• 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon or ground cinnamon sugar
• A pinch of brown sugar
• A pinch of chili powder
• Whipped cream
• Chocolate sauce
• Cinnamon stick for garnish
1) Into your ice-filled glass combine Kahlua, tequila, cinnamon, sugar, and chili powder. If you want a non-alcoholic, mocha version, combine 1 ounce of milk with 2 teaspoons of chocolate syrup and add that mixture to your cup instead of the alcohol.
2) Add coffee and stir.
3) You can add whipped cream, drizzle chocolate sauce on the top, sprinkle with cinnamon, or add any garnish of your choice! Finish your drink off with a cinnamon stick for stirring.
1. Use whiskey stones or coffee ice cubes to reduce drink dilution.