“It was a dark and stormy night“
– Washington Irving
While this much-used phrase is often referred to as clichéd, the cocktail carrying its name is far from hackneyed! This beautiful drink is similar to a traditional Dark & Stormy. My version, of course, puts a twist on the classic by incorporating coffee. Enjoy!
• 1 ounce of dark rum — for an official Dark & Stormy always use Gosling’s black.
• 3 ounces of ginger beer — Q ginger beer is produced with mixing in mind, and it is my favorite blending ginger beer.
• 1 single shot of TheQueenBean.com espresso (1 ounce). I used a stovetop espresso maker. For tips on proper technique, be sure to check out our blog entry on brewing with a Moka pot.
• 1 cup full of ice.
• 1 lime wedge.
1) Fill a large glass with ice. Add your rum and ginger beer. Give the mixture a stir.
2) Add your espresso, pouring slowly over an inverted spoon to achieve a subtle layered effect. When pouring it is good to pick a spot in the center of the glass to aim at and use a consistent flow.
3) Garnish with a lime wedge.
Coffe has its styles. A very nice post Cindy Pearl.