Did you know that turmeric, that lovely, aromatic, golden spice provides many of the same health benefits¹ of coffee? Combining these ingredients creates both a healthy and delicious latte. Best of all, it is easy to make and done in minutes. Enjoy!
• Doppio espresso (2 ounces)
• 1/4 teaspoon ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• A pinch of black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (powdered — approximately equivalent to a one inch piece.)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup plant milk (almond milk was used here, you can substitute your favorite (cashew, hazelnut, etc.))
• Sweetener of your choice (*optional — a teaspoon of maple syrup is a good choice.)
• 1 tablespoon almond butter (*optional — makes for an even creamier metabolic boosting drink!)
1) Combine milk, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Heat at low heat. Froth the mixture using your preferred method and set aside.
2) If you are including additional sweetener and/or almond butter add it to your preheated cup now.
3) Pour your espresso into the cup. If you added sweetener or butter give the cup a stir. Spoon the frothed milk on top.
To read about the many health benefits of coffee, check out our wellness series of articles.
Leave a Reply