“Her love was like lavender, delicate and melancholy.”
– Laura Chouette
Few things soothe the senses like the aroma of lavender. When added to your coffee it infuses the brew with a subtle, spicy, rosemary mintiness. Gentle waves of lavender will surround you when you sip on this homemade lavender latte — a perfect, relaxing way to end a meal or start your day.
What you will need for one cup
1 tsp. culinary lavender (per 2 tbsp. of ground coffee – for even more flavor try using French Vanilla coffee.)
A dash of vanilla extract
1 tsp. brown sugar (*optional and adjust for your personal taste)
1 tsp. honey
6 oz. milk
1) Combine the culinary lavender with 2 tbsp. of ground coffee (for one cup)* and brew your coffee.
2) Add vanilla extract to your milk and froth until a nice foam is formed. Set aside.
3) Spoon the brown sugar and honey into the bottom of your preheated mug. Pour the brewed lavender-toned coffee in. Stir the mixture.
4) Scoop the frothed milk on top of your latte and garnish with lavender.
* The exact proportion of lavender to coffee should be adjusted based on your personal taste and the finished product.