Coffee is not just for breakfast anymore. Here is a wonderful recipe which uses both a wet coffee marinade and a dry coffee rub.* Bon Appétit!
What you will need:
2 – (1.5 – 2lb.) London Broil first cut steak for grilling. Make shallow cuts in each side of the meat. This will help the marinade absorb, as well as speed the grilling process.
For the marinade:
1 cup strong brewed coffee (I used Espresso Joe from theQueenBean.com)
1 cup red wine (use a wine that will stand up to the strong coffee flavor!) I used a Shiraz.
4 cloves garlic – pressed
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
For the dry rub:
2 tbsp. each:
coarsely ground black pepper
1 tsp. each:
Red pepper flakes
• Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix until well blended.
• Pour the marinade into a large plastic zip lock bag and add the steak. Give the mixture a good shake. The steak should sit in the marinade (in the refrigerator) for at least 2 hours prior to grilling.
• Remove the steak from the bag, pat dry and coat with the dry rub.
• For a rare steak grill at least 4 minutes per side, check the temperature, flip and repeat if needed until desired cook is reached – (approximately 140 F. for rare). Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes prior to cutting.
• Slice the steak and enjoy! I served it with a large green salad and some garlic bread.
*This recipe is possible due to many bloggers and recipe sites, as I combined different recipes and settled here. Many thanks to all the intrepid cooks and bloggers out there!
Leave a Reply