Hazelnut, Irish Cream, whiskey, and coffee — what a wonderful combination, ready made for beating the chill of winter! We are getting into the St. Patrick’s Day spirit a little early with the Queen’s take on a classic cocktail — The Nutty Irishman. Enjoy!
- A double shot of espresso, or 1 cup of strongly brewed coffee — Nutty Irishman coffee is an ideal choice for this cocktail
- 1 ounce Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 ounce hazelnut liqueur
- 1 ounce Irish Whiskey (optional)
- 4 ounces milk — frothed using, your method of choice.
- A decorative stencil and green sugar crystals for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (optional)
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
1.) Combine the liquor into a preheated coffee cup.
2.) If you desire a sweeter cup, include sugar now.
3.) Pour coffee into the cup until it is about 90% full and stir. If adding cinnamon, do so now.
4.) Using a spoon, turned back end up, top the mug with your steamed milk. This will hold back the foam as you pour the milk into the cup.
5.) If you would like to decorate your cocktail, place a stencil on top of the mug and sprinkle green sugar crystals over it. For instructions on making your own stencils click here.
Leave a Reply