Interested in an easy and delicious recipe? Want to prepare a crowd-pleasing holiday favorite? Are you looking for a treat to keep or share with family and friends? If you find any of these sentences appealing, this coffee-filled take on a classic rum ball recipe is tailor-made for you! Enjoy!
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup finally chopped pecans
- 1 & 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup spiced rum
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- Sprinkles, crushed nuts, coconut flakes, powdered sugar, or the garnish of your choice
1.) Combine cookies, nuts, sugar, rum, coffee, cocoa powder, and corn syrup in a medium bowl until well blended.
2.) Roll the mixed batter 1 tablespoon at a time into balls. Pro tip: Wetting your hands in cold water before rolling will make the procedure much easier!
3.) Once you have formed your balls roll them in cocoa powder, powdered sugar, sprinkles, or your favorite topping. Have fun with it!
4.) Place the balls in between layers of parchment paper in a large air-tight container. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. They can stay in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. They even taste great frozen!