Decadent, rich and delicious, it is no wonder that the espresso martini remains an all-time favorite as well as a barroom staple. Here we spice up the timeless classic — making it just zesty enough to truly get the party started. Enjoy!
• 2 ounces of cinnamon syrup (use your favorite or follow the simple recipe below)
• 2 ounces of vodka
• 2 ounces of espresso
• A shaker half-filled with crushed ice
• 1 – 2 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar
• A pinch of allspice, and chocolate shavings for garnish
1) Pour approximately 1 ounce of the syrup on a small plate and cover it with cinnamon sugar. Gently run the rim of the martini glass over the mixture and set the glass aside.
2) Combine the vodka, espresso, and 1 ounce of syrup in a cocktail shaker and vigorously shake.
3) Strain the martini into your glass. Sprinkle the chocolate shavings and allspice on top.
Simple cinnamon syrup
Cover the bottom of a small saucepan with water. Add two tablespoons of sugar and three cinnamon sticks. Bring the mixture to a boil. Allow it to simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside. When the mixture reaches room temperature remove the cinnamon sticks, strain, and refrigerate your syrup for later use.