The health and wellness benefits of coffee are often touted. Here they are given a boost with the addition of cinnamon and coconut milk. Cinnamon, in addition to having that wonderful aroma and flavor that blends so naturally with coffee, is also loaded with antioxidants and is said to have anti-inflammatory properties. Also, it has been linked to both a reduction in heart disease and cancer. Coconut milk has been shown to boost your immune system, help with weight loss, and increase heart health. It also adds a natural sweetness and creaminess to your coffee without adding any extra cholesterol. By combining these ingredients, we have upped the ante on your morning libation. This is one powerful, health-boosting, frothy delight of a latte. Enjoy!
• 1 cup coffee
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
• 1/4 vanilla bean or 1/8 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon organic honey (add some extra sweetness)
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil (amp up the health benefits)
• 1/2 tsp Grass-fed butter (bulletproof this recipe)
1) In a small saucepan combine all ingredients and heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
2) Froth the mixture using your method of choice until it is creamy and frothy. I use an immersion blender here, but a whisk or hand frother would work just as well.
3) Pour your latte into your preheated cup of choice, and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
mmm. . . this looks really good.