Sweet and golden in color, Drambuie liqueur is a mixture of scotch, honey, herbs, and spices, which when combined with coffee produce a remarkable cocktail. The name Drambuie itself is said to originate from a Scottish Gaelic phrase, “dram buidheach” which roughly translates to “the drink that satisfies.”* It should only take one sip of this cocktail to confirm that statement. Enjoy!
• 1- 2 ounces Drambuie (depending on how strong you like your cocktail)
• 1 cup coffee — Costa Rica LA Pastora is an excellent choice as the honey tones of the coffee complement the Drambuie perfectly
• 6 ounces milk
• 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
• cinnamon sugar for garnish
1) Combine the milk, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Heat until the mixture is warm.
2) Separate 3 ounces of the milk mixture and set it aside.
3) Combine your Drambuie and honey into a preheated cup and stir.
4) Add the remaining milk to your cup. Pour your hot coffee over the mixture and stir.
5) Froth the saved milk mixture using your favorite method. Top your cocktail with the frothed milk.
6) Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of your drink and serve immediately.
*Drambuie history courtesy of https://www.drambuie.com/