“Coffee and chocolate—the inventor of mocha should be sainted.”
Are you a fan of chocolate in your coffee? Do you like a little heat with your chocolate? If so, one of these hot and spicy mocha recipes is just for you! The first recipe uses a very chocolaty whipped cream. If you lean more towards chocolate than spice, this is your baby. The second uses a sweet and spicy chocolate frothed milk. If you prefer a touch of chocolate with your spice, this recipe will be hot enough for you! Either way you can’t go wrong when you combine coffee, chocolate, and a little spice!!
Ingredients (for one cup)
• 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. chili powder
• 1/8 tsp. cayenne
• Chocolaty whipped cream or chocolate frothed milk*
• Dark chocolate flakes (optional)
• 1 tsp. cinnamon sugar (optional)
*For the chocolaty cream
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
• 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
*For the spicy – chocolate frothed milk
• 6 oz. milk
• 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 dash vanilla extract
• 1 dash chili powder
1 dash cinnamon sugar
1) Whip cream with cocoa and confectioners sugar until peaks form for the chocolaty cream, or combine chocolate frothed milk ingredients and froth. Set aside.
2) Combine chili, cayenne, and cinnamon with ground coffee and brew in your usual manner. I used a drip method and brewed one cup. (Adjust the coffee amount for your chosen method.)
3) If you desire, add 1 tsp. of cinnamon sugar to your pre-heated cup now.
4) Pour coffee into your cup until it is about 90% full.
5) Either spoon your chocolaty cream or spoon your sweet & spicy frothed milk on top. Finish your cup with a dash of cinnamon and/or dark chocolate flakes.