Here is our take on the classic! This cocktail is a perfect after dinner treat for your holiday party.
What you will need
1 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
4 oz. eggnog**
2 oz. milk
1 cup of hot coffee
1 shot of bourbon (@ 1 oz.)
A pinch of nutmeg
- Combine the milk, sugar and eggnog into your hand frother or a bowl.
- Heat until just bubbling.
- Create a nice thick, foamy froth either by hand or with your frother.
- Pour some of the eggnog mixture into the bottom of your mug – just enough to thickly coat it.
- Add a shot of bourbon to one cup of coffee and stir. Add this mixture to your mug and fill it until it is about 80% full. For even more eggnog flavor you can use TheQueenBean.com eggnog coffee.
- Spoon the foamed eggnog mixture (do not pour!!) on top of your coffee.
- Sprinkle the eggnog latte with ground nutmeg.
** For this latte I purchased eggnog from a local market. Of course, you could choose to make your own. I have had great success with this recipe: https://www.marthastewart.com/317061/the-original-eggnog