prep time: 15 minutes; cook time: 30 – 40 minutes
Here is my take on a coffee rubbed pork recipe*. This is a simple one-pan recipe, with minimal prep time and maximum results! As always, we would love to hear your thoughts or comments on how you use coffee when you cook.
What you need
2 pork tenderloins (approximately 1 -1.5 pounds each)
2 large carrots sliced
1 – 2 red onion(s) quartered
1 parsnip sliced
1 turnip sliced
1 large zucchini sliced
6 cloves garlic
2 tsp. Kosher salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
For dry rub:
2 tbsp. freshly ground dark coffee
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 tbsp. brown sugar
For vegetable sauce:
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. cumin
pinch each of oregano, garlic, and salt
• Pre-heat the oven to 425 F.
• Mix The dry rub ingredients in a bowl.
• Rub the dry rub on both sides of each tenderloin.
• Tightly wrap the tenderloins in plastic wrap. This will help the meat to absorb the dry rub. Let the wrapped meat rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
• Combine all ingredients in the vegetable mix in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
• Coat a small roasting pan (spray, butter, or margarine). Unwrap the tenderloins and place them fat side up in the pan. Surround with the vegetables.
• Bake in the oven for approximately 30 – 40 minutes, or until the pork reaches 145 F.
• Remove the pork from the pan, cover, and place on a cutting board. Let the meat stand (at least 3 minutes), then slice.
• In a small bowl combine veggies, pan drippings, and the vegetable sauce, and mix thoroughly.
Either spoon the vegetables onto a serving plate with the pork, or serve separately, and enjoy! Thoughts? Advice? Please post in our comment section; we would love to hear from you!
*Recipe is based on a Betty Crocker classic: https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/coffee-crusted-pork-loin/88a63c1a-76e4-45a8-94cb-8649483dcc59, but adjusted to my personal taste
The coffee rub sounds so so good! Love it!
Thank you! It is and very adaptable to your individual preference!