There is nothing worse than cup rings on a beautifully polished table. Am I right? Here is a fun and easy method to either create new coasters, or upcycle an existing set. Not only is the finished product useful, it smells amazing and will have any houseguests asking, where did you get that?
What you will need
- Coffee beans
- Cardboard or an old coaster that needs a refresher!
- Hot glue gun
- Felt squares
- An X-Acto knife or craft scissors
Instructions1. If you already have a coaster you are willing to upcycle proceed to step 4.
2. For a circular coaster use a large bottle cap or a martini glass to outline a circle on some sturdy cardboard.
3. Carefully cut the circle from the cardboard using scissors or an X-Acto knife. This will be the base of your new coaster.
4. Trace the shape of your coaster onto a piece of felt.
5. Cut the felt and glue it to the bottom of your coaster to prevent surface scratching.
6. Turn your coaster over, felt side down. Using a glue gun or glue stick coat the top of the coaster fully. Then, place coffee beans on to the glue, completely covering the area.
7. Touch up any areas that you may have missed. Allow the glue to fully dry before using.
8. Repeat the process as many times as you like for a matched set!
Leave a Reply