Why not start your morning with a delicious banana smoothie? What could make that even better? Try adding your favorite caffeine packed beverage — now that’s what I call a terrific start to a brilliant day! Looking for a new after-dinner treat? Garnish your smoothie with some whipped cream and chocolate — what a great ending to a fantastic day! Either way, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. Enjoy!
• 1 cup of frozen bananas (around 3 bananas)
• 1/2 cup of milk
• 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• whipped cream and chocolate sauce (*optional garnish)
• 1 ounce of Kahlua (*optional)
1) Cut your banana into slices and place them in a sealed plastic bag. Freeze for at least 4 hours, or prepare the night before.
2) Combine bananas, coffee, milk, and vanilla in the blender. If adding Kahlua do so now. Blend until smooth.
3) Pour into a tall glass. Drink as is or garnish with the topping of your choice. If serving for dessert, wow your friends by pouring evenly spaced vertical lines of chocolate sauce down the sides of your glass before adding in the smoothie.