This coffee drink has the classic flavors of tiramisu, presented in a deconstructed form. It is an elegant dessert drink that is sure to have your dinner guests asking for seconds. Enjoy!
• 1 cup of strong coffee Organically Grown Italian Roast is a great choice
• Mascarpone whipped cream (see recipe below)
• 1 ounce espresso
• 1/2 tablespoon rum
• Toasted ladyfinger cookies (see recipe below)
• Dark chocolate shavings
1) Brew a fresh espresso and thoroughly mix it with the rum.
2) Pour the rum-laced espresso into the bottom of your cup and mix one tablespoon of mascarpone whipped cream (recipe below) into it. Blend well.
3) Cover the mixture with strong coffee, pouring until your cup is approximately 90% full.
4) Top your coffee with the mascarpone whipped cream and sprinkle dark chocolate shavings on top.
5) Serve with toasted ladyfinger cookies (recipe below)
Marscapone whipped cream
Using the whisk attachment on your blender (*tip: you can put the whisk in the freezer for 10 minutes — a cold whisk will lead to quicker, more consistent mixing), beat 4 ounces of mascarpone on medium speed while slowly adding 1/2 cup of cream. When all the cream has been added beat on high for approximately 10 minutes. Add in 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, mixing the sugar in 1 tablespoon at a time. Mix on low until all your ingredients have been added, then increase the speed to high until you see peaks in your bowl.
Coffee toasted ladyfingers
Mix 1/2 tablespoon of rum with 1 ounce of espresso and set aside. Split 2 – 4 ladyfingers in half and place them on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for 5 minutes. Check your cookies and continue to bake, 2 minutes at a time, until the cookies are a golden color and the edges are toasted. Remove your cookies from the oven and allow them to cool. Optionally, pour a thin line of the espresso mixture down the center of each cookie. Be sure not to oversaturate the cookies, or they will begin to lose shape.
Leave a Reply