Coconut rum, sun-kissed nights, gentle sea breezes, and slow swings on a hammock are some of my favorite summertime moments. I’m delighted to include one more item on this list. One sip of this slightly spicy, smooth, and sweet coconut rum coffee cocktail fills your senses with the best notes of summer. Enjoy!
• 1 ounce spiced rum
• 2 ounces coconut rum
• 6 ounces pre-chilled coffee (Maui madness coffee is a wonderful choice for an extra shot of island flavor)
• 4 ounces milk
• 2 -3 tablespoons chilled cinnamon syrup (*use your favorite or use the simple recipe below)
• 1 cocktail shaker quarter filled with ice
• Grenadine and cinnamon sugar for garnish
1) Swirl some grenadine on a small plate and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of it.
2) Take your cocktail glass and gently run the rim over the cinnamon mixture. Set your glass aside for later use.
3) Combine the rum, cinnamon syrup, milk, and coffee in your cocktail shaker.
4) Shake briskly.
5) Pour into your cinnamon rimmed glass.
Simple cinnamon syrup
Cover the bottom of a small saucepan with water. Add two tablespoons of sugar and three cinnamon sticks. Bring the mixture to a boil. Allow it to simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside. When the mixture reaches room temperature remove the cinnamon sticks, strain, and refrigerate your syrup for later use.