If you love a sweet, spicy, and zesty cup, this homemade orange spice coffee is sure to become a regular addition to your coffee routine. Best of all, it is an easy recipe that delivers maximum impact. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 1 cup
• 2 Tablespoons ground coffee — I used Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, the cinnamon and citrus tones work wonderfully with this recipe.
• 1/2 Teaspoon grated orange zest
• 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
• A pinch of cardamom
• A pinch of ginger
• A pinch of nutmeg
• 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
• Orange whipped cream (*recipe below)
1) Combine 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, the orange zest, cardamom, and ginger with your coffee grounds and brew using your preferred method.
2) Add the brown sugar and the remaining cinnamon to the bottom of a preheated mug. If you enjoy a sweeter cup, add an extra 1/4 tablespoon of brown sugar now.
3) Pour your brewed coffee in the mug and stir with a cinnamon stick.
4) Top with orange whipped cream* and sprinkle with cinnamon.
*Orange whipped cream
In a standing mixer combine 1 cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon orange extract and a pinch of salt. Whip at high speed using the whisk attachment until the desired consistency is achieved.