I love having a banana with my morning coffee. I never considered combining the banana with the coffee until now. The result is a uniquely delicious, sweet cappuccino style latte combining homemade banana syrup, coffee, and frothed milk. Enjoy!
• 6 ounces milk
• 2 tablespoons banana syrup *
• chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, or the topping of your choice
1) Pre heat your coffee cup. If you like a very sweet drink, add a teaspoon of banana syrup to the bottom of your cup now.
3) Combine 2 tablespoons of banana syrup with 4 ounces of milk and warm. I mixed up my own banana syrup (recipe below).
4) Pour your coffee into the cup. If you added extra syrup be sure to stir your cup now.
5) Froth the milk mixture into a stiff foam. Scoop the foam onto your cup and top with dark chocolate sauce, caramel sauce or the garnish of your choice.
Peel and cut one banana into thick slices and set aside. Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan. Heat the mixture on high until the sugar is completely dissolved. The mixture should appear clear not “foggy”. Remove the mixture from the heat and add the banana. Cover the combination and set aside for 15 minutes; then smash your banana mixture with a potato masher. Cover and let rest for an additional 30 minutes. Strain the syrup into an airtight container for future use.