Here is my take on a traditional Kirsch au Café, a delightfully refreshing summertime cocktail with quite the kick! This recipe works particularly well with TheQueenBean.com Espresso Joe. This complex, creamy blend has notes of dried cherries and charred oak — a perfect compliment to the cherry brandy and cognac. Enjoy!
• 1.5 ounces Kirschwasser cherry brandy
• 1/2 ounce cognac
• 1/2 ounce egg whites
• 1 – 2 teaspoon(s) sugar (depending on your desired level of sweetness)
• 2 ounces espresso
• a cherry for garnish
1) Combine brandy, cognac, egg white, and sugar into a cocktail shaker (sans ice) and shake vigorously.
2) Add half a shaker’s worth of ice to the mixture. Pour in your espresso and shake the mixture once more, for at least one minute.
3) Strain into your favorite wine glass and garnish with a cherry.
That looks so good!