Using a chocolate covered waffle cone is a great and easy way to jazz up your dessert coffee. This is a tasty treat that can be used in multiple ways. Fill the cups with coffee for the adults, or ice cream, or pudding for the children. What a crowd pleaser!!! Best of all they are quite easy to make and customize for whomever you are serving!
1) 3 waffle cones
2) 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
3) 2 tbsp. of oil (*optional and you can use your favorite: coconut or vegetable oil)
4) Sprinkles or any other decorative items you like
1) Melt chips and oil in a double boiler on low heat — you are looking for a smooth consistency. The chocolate will melt without the addition of coconut oil, but this helps with the consistency.
2) Once your mixture is smooth, add a spoonful of chocolate to the inside of the cone. Spread the mixture until you cover the entire inner cone using a pastry brush or by twirling the cone.
3) Using a pastry brush, cover the outer lip and rim of the cone.
4) Pour your decorative items (coconut flakes, sprinkles, etc.) onto a plate and roll the cone edge over it, or sprinkle by hand.
5) Refrigerate for 10 minutes. The cones will stand up nicely in a juice cup or a rack.
6) After 10 minutes you can apply an additional layer of chocolate to the inside of the cones.
7) Re-chill the cones for an additional 10 minutes.
8) Pour in your coffee drink and enjoy!