What happens when you combine the sweetness of chocolate with the richness and depth of coffee? What if you next add in the sugary sweetness, almond-tinged flavor of the maraschino cherry? You will have created a flavor explosion worthy of any great love affair, that’s what! In celebration of Valentine’s Day, we have prepared just such a treat. Enjoy!
• 2 tablespoons of cherry syrup (you can use the syrup from the maraschino cherry jar)
• 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup (I used dark chocolate, but milk chocolate is a great choice)
• 4 ounces of milk
• Maraschino cherry and whipped cream for garnish
• 1 ounce of cherry brandy (*optional)
1) Steam and froth milk using your method of choice.
2) Brew your coffee and combine it with the cherry syrup and chocolate syrup in a small saucepan. Heat on a low flame stirring constantly until well blended.
3) Pour the steam milked into the mixture, using a spoon to keep the foam from pouring in. If you have an immersion blender you could use it here to add more froth to your mocha.
4) If you are including brandy in your mocha add it to a preheated mug now.
5) Fill the preheated mug with your blended mocha. Top with the foam from your frothed milk, and / or a tablespoon of whipped cream.
6) Garnish with a Maraschino cherry and enjoy!