We live in a big word, filled with many different cultures, societies, and people. We do not all live the same way. But there is one thing most of us have in common; we love coffee.
Not everyone enjoys coffee in the same way. The dedicated, true coffee lover buys his coffee unground, and often. He knows the best flavors come from coffee that is freshly ground and grown in locations of high altitude. People who are not as selective will buy their coffee at a supermarket, and those who just want a dark liquid in a cup, with a caffeine boost will grab for the instant coffee and go.
Coffee has benefits, no matter how you prepare it
Coffee has caffeine and we all know caffeine helps perk us up. According to a study done by the American Heart Society, it perks up your blood vessels. While they are not exactly sure how caffeine does this, they have determined that caffeine (found in our morning drink) is actually good for you. It helps with the following:
- Reducing stress
- Heart health
- Reduces the risk of blood clots
Options, options, options
There are so many options on how a person can prepare and enjoy their coffee; it may take a while find your favorite. This can get very expensive in a specialty coffee shop. This is why many people are enjoying exploring the world of coffee with “do it all” specialty coffee makers and grinding tools.
The biggest mistake a person can make with coffee is only trying it and drinking it one way. You may have your “go to” coffee, but take the time to try other ways to drink it. Do not limit yourself or cut yourself short.
What the way you drink your coffee says about you
Many studies have been done on how people prefer their coffee and in the process, it came to light that certain “types” of people drink their coffee similarly. Here are a few examples.
- Black with nothing added
- Black coffee is usually consumed by a very honest and straight-laced person. You will see them in stylish clothes, and when they set out to do something, they do it right and they do it big. However, this person also has a fun side. They like to laugh, and they are probably drinking their coffee from a novelty mug.
- The latte lover is laid back. They are normally in a tee shirt, and they are kids at heart. You are just as likely to watch cartoons on television as the latest hit. It takes a lot to get them to “adult.”
- This is the leader of most groups. They are always set to “go.” They work hard and they multitask. You rarely see them doing only one thing at a time.
- The cappuccino drinker is creative and positive. They see the glass as half full and they will find something fun to finish filling the glass. This person drives a waiter crazy. They will order dinner while talking to the group seated with them and talk on their cell phone at the same time.
- You will see this person at an artisan cafe but ever at a chain coffee shop. They are hipsters. Their favorite color is plaid. You will find their music collection features a lot of 80’s hit. They think and live out of the box and they are not interested in mainstream anything.
- Milk and sugar
- The coffee drinker who adds a bit of milk and sugar is a people pleaser. They may want whipped cream and caramel sauce, but they will just have the usual. They do not want to put anybody out. They will sip instant coffee with powdered creamer if that’s all you have and smile doing it.
- Cold brew
- Cold brew must steep for 12 to 24 hours before it is ready to drink. It will then keep in the refrigerator for a week and still taste fine. This coffee drinker wants everything life has to offer. They do not want to miss out on any of nature’s bounty, and they are willing to wait for this magic.
- Decaf only
- This coffee drinker is always in control. Nothing ever sneaks up on them. They like the taste and the tiny bit of caffeine gives, but they never give their power up to anyone or anything.
- Festive holiday coffee
- This is the holiday lover and young at heart adult. They are the first to ask for pumpkin spice in the fall, and December requires peppermint and chocolate. This is the friend that gets invited to every party and always has a smile on their face.
- Foam art
- This coffee drinker cannot order a cup of coffee in less than 12 words. They only use soy milk and their coffee must have foam art on top. They are a perfectionist and a bit of a coffee snob.
There are many ways to enjoy coffee. If you have never tried anything but the coffee your mother made in the morning, head to a coffee shop and just try something different. You will be amazed at what you have been missing.
Featured photo credit: Rawpixel.com
Closing photo credit: Kaboompic.com